ICEGATE (Indian Customs Electronic Commerce Electronic Data Gateway) is the single-source solution for international transactions that attract customs and other duty payments. The ICEGATE website has been upgraded with new functions. Both the old and contemporary websites that are part of ICEGATE are now for public use, allowing users to quickly transition to the new website. The senior site will be removed in a grading manner following testing the effectiveness of the recent launch with all members of ICEGATE users. Anyone who wants to complete a new registration must do so through an updated ICEGATE portal.
Purpose of ICEGATE
- Transparent exchange of data between fifteen international trading partners
- Facilitate faster clearance of customs.
- Create a framework for paper compliance.
- Create, create, and maintain an extensive database of export and import.
- Provide visibility into the motion of materials.
Beneficiaries of ICEGATE
- Consol agents
- Import General agents
- Export General agents
- Agents for freight forwarding transporters, shipment, and.
Services Offered In ICEGATE
- Registration for ICEGATE
- GST integration
- Auto Import Export Cod (IEC) registration
- Matching IEC and Goods And Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN)
Electronic Filing Services
- For Customs Service Centers
- Uploading files by ICEGATE users
- MFTP file transfer
- Using SMTP or Email of ICEGATE
- Application for Digital Signature
- Customs duty
- Central Excise or Service Tax
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ) Customs Duty
- Express Cargo Clearance System (ECCS)
Other Services By Integration
- Registration of Intellectual Property Rights
- Verification of the DES/EPCG/DEPB license
- Customs duty calculator
- A Single Window interface used for Facilitating the Trade (SWIFT) services
- IEC Verification with the DGFT
- Customs Electronic Data System
- Track your container with National Logistics Data Services.
Electronic Storage and Computerised Handling of indirect tax documents is an outstanding feature of ICEGATE that allows you to upload documents electronically to facilitate indirect tax compliance. The application will enable you to upload all necessary documents supporting them in electronic format for users with digital signature certificates in the ICEGATE system. It is possible to use eSANCHIT via the ICEGATE login menu under “Services.”
How To Register in ICEGATE?
- Check out the newly launched ICEGATE portal.
- Go to “Services” from the top menu. Click on “Registration” and then “Click here for Registration on ICEGATE.”
- Click on “Register Now” under New to ICEGATE.
- Give an ICEGATE ID with a maximum number of 25 characters that do not contain spaces or special characters that are not “-” and “_.”
- Ensure you have a valid email address and confirm the authenticity of the user ID.
- Input your GSTIN and IEC and confirm it.
- Fill in all the information about your business needed and complete your registration.
- Log in using your login ID. Use the temporary password that was sent by mail.
- Enter the mobile number and email OTP received, and complete the registration.
Documents Required For ICEGATE Registration
- Self-attested copies of
- Aadhar card Card for PAN, Voter ID, Driving license
- Authorization letter from partners or the board of directors
What Is A Bill Of Entry?
A bill of entry can be a legally binding document that must be created before product importation. It is necessary to be claimed as an Input Tax Credit (ITC) when making taxes for GST. The bill of entry is prepared by custom house agents to be used for domestic consumption or bond clearance. It is required to be presented at the request of customs to obtain permission for the goods at the port. The customs officer checks the items using the invoice of entry. A clearance occurs after the importer has paid the standard customs duty, IGST, and compensation cess.
How To Create A Bill Of Entry?
Customs House Agents (CHA) Customs House Agents (CHA) appointed on behalf of importers create for the preparation of the Bill of Entry. The main details included in the Bill of Entry include
- BoE number
- Port code
- Mode of payment for duty
- Item details like quantity, HSN codes, description, weight, etc
- The assessed price of the object
- Customs duty
- Additional duty
- Taxable amount
- GSTIN, IEC, and PAN
- The name and the address of the importer
You can view how your charge of entry by accessing your ICEGATE account or through the ICEGATE inquiry site.
Find different types of Business Loans on CreditMantri, Apply, and Get Profited.
What Is A Shipping Bill?
Shipping bills are a form of documentation required for exporting items to different countries. It allows for ease of clearance of goods by the Customs Department. Here are the different types of shipping bills used
How To Create A Shipping Bill?
A person who is the exporter or hires a customs house representative can create a shipping invoice before the shipment of products. It can be made online by logging into the ICEGATE account and providing the necessary documents. The details of the shipping invoice included
- Import Export Code
- GSTIN or PAN
- Name and address of the exporter
- Name and address of the buyer
- Carrier details
- Commercial invoice details
- Cargo details
- Item level details
- Details on export duty and IGST related to
ICEGATE is a plethora of portal that connects information from various sources and offers a valuable overview and reports. It streamlines and speeds up the lengthy export and import process through the electronic filing of numerous forms. It is the first of its distinct initiative of the Central Board Of Excise and Customs.